Our client is a 20 person wholly-owned subsidiary of a large multi-national manufacturing company. They need a Controller who will oversee all aspects of accounting and lead 3 office staff in order entry, shipping and inventory. The goal is for you to partner with the GM in running the company's North and South American operations. They need a hands on team player who will become an integral part of the organization and help them grow.
- Be responsible for all aspects of accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, basic HR / payroll and financial reporting functions.
- Provide all aspects of day to day management and direction to order entry, inventory and shipping staff, including hiring, coaching and development, performance evaluation and improvement processes, including employment terminations.
- Perform day-to-day accounting operations, reconciliations and general ledger entries
- Prepare and provide financial statements, sales reports, commission reports, analysis, and other reports
- Perform timely and accurately month and year-end closing.
- Engage with external CPA firm and provide necessary financial information for accurate fiscal year reporting and taxes
- Maintain Quick Books accounting system to ensure the proper, complete, and accurate record-keeping of accounting company transactions are performed within GAAP.
- Prepare payroll for processing work with superiors to determine monthly commissions to be accrued and paid
- Maintain all employee benefits including vacation, 401K, health care administration
- Review, approve and process vendor invoices
- Manage client billing and collections
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Very high attention to detail and the ability to review processes, make improvements and create needed structure.
- Experience in a small to mid-size company and a willingness to learn the company's products, services and business model.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks.
- Ability to effectively present financial information to senior management.
- Experience in financial statement preparation & analysis.
- High degree of discretion, trustworthiness, reliability and dependability
- General knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with Fishbowl Inventory is a plus.
- Ability to speak Spanish is also a plus
• Comprehensive medical care benefits.
• Dental and vision care insurance.
• Prescription Drug Coverage.
• Life insurance.
• Voluntary accidental death and dismemberment and long-term disability insurance.
• 401(k) Plan with company match.
• Generous paid time off and 12 paid holidays.
Jumps start your career and apply now! We review all resumes and applications submitted. A staff member will contact you directly if you meet the qualifications for the position.
Salary : $65,000 – $75,000