Our client manufactures in-line food analyzers. They currently have an opening for a Customer Support Engineer (CSE). The CSE will perform product and applications support activities for the purpose of maintaining equipment and ensuring customer satisfaction. This role requires someone who is comfortable working in industrial or food processing environments. The CSE applies knowledge of electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and restoring equipment to normal operation. Beyond troubleshooting abilities, Customer Service Engineers are true partners to our customers and ambassadors of the company brand promise.
This job requires a lot of travel. A typical week involves flying out on a Friday; performing a PMA or an installation on Saturday and Sunday; making sure all equipment runs well on Monday, then returning home. You will then have either Tuesday and Wednesday, of Wednesday and Thursday off.
Our client would prefer this person be local to Denver, CO, however, they will consider someone with direct ties to CO who is willing to relocate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, and repair analytical instruments at customer sites and other locations.
- Train users in software applications and correct equipment operation and maintenance.
- Provide phone support to customers and recommend action to be taken – order parts, service visit, etc.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by monitoring assigned support activities and maintaining an appropriate level of communication with supervisor and support coordinator.
- Comply with safety standards, company policies, and business objectives.
- Maintain accurate accounts of services performed and submit activity and expense reports using designated resources according to company and department policy and procedures.
- Update scheduling application and keep supervisor informed of activities.
- Ensure timely consumption, disposition or return of service parts and manage other assets according to company and department policy and procedures.
Educational and Professional Experience
- A four-year college or university degree in an engineering discipline or chemistry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is preferred.
- Candidates with a two-year degree or significant industry experience in lieu of degree and major coursework in electronics or military training in a related field will be considered.
- Minimum five-years experience in field service or applications engineering in support of complex electro-mechanical equipment
- Background in meat processing industry preferred.
- Experience working on X-ray machine, or automation controls, highly desirable.
Salary : $70,000 – $85,000