Exclusive, Retained Search!
We are a leading professional non-profit organization seeking a Senior Director of Finance and Accounting.
As a key member of the Senior Management Team, you will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the financial management of the business. Responsibilities include developing the financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services; preparing growth plans, and ensuring business assets are safeguarded. You will have primary day to day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities.
- Clearly define and communicate strategic priorities and annual goals established by the executive team (CEO and COO/CoS).
- Accomplish finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, mentoring, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Build and maintain all banking relationships.
- Establish a financial plan that achieves the organizations financial goals, including expenditures, revenue goals, and staff productivity goals.
- Develop finance management strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to critical thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with business objectives.
- Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; building systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports that accurately reflect the financial position of the business.
- Identify and present financial issues. Make recommendations on appropriate action for resolution. Budgeting & Growth Plans
- Develop organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; finding opportunities for financial improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating restricted and unrestricted fund expansion.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Design and implement financial reporting systems. ·
- Ensure that accounting policies, procedures and controls follow generally accepted accounting principles, government regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Optimize utilization of the accounting software. Streamline financial and data tracking systems.
- Oversee and facilitate the annual audit.
- Improve return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting or related field.
- CPA license preferred.
- Significant experience in regulatory non-profit industry
- Minimum of ten years of progressive financial accounting experience, including five years of supervisory experience.
- Willing to travel between 5-10%.
- Comfortable in a dynamic work environment.
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
- We offer a salary that is commensurate with experience.
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Approximately three weeks of PTO, and 12 paid holidays.
- Our employees are offered a matching 401(k).
We want you to apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary : $110,000 – $150,000