Our client is a global supplier of processed sand to oil and gas companies. They serve customers around the world and employ over 1000 people. They are currently seeking an Electrical Technician (or Engineer) to be based out of one of their mining/processing facilities near Odessa, TX.
The Electrical Technician/Engineer will have demonstrated the ability to perform the advanced functions related to the troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment such as pump and conveyor motors, VFDs, motor contactors, PLCs, sensors, switches, etc. New installations and retrofits will also be performed in this role. Strong ControlLogix programming skills is a MUST.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues as they arise. These issues can range from the low voltage sensor level, motor controls, and expanding up to the high voltage service side.
- Maintain and update device-level networks including DeviceNet and Ethernet
- PLC Programming (RSLogix 5000/ControlLogix is a MUST)
- HMI/SCADA Programming (CitectSCADA and RSView Studio Preferred)
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot analog sensors (4-20mA)
- Install, configure, test, and troubleshoot AC variable frequency drives and starters
- Install, configure, test, and troubleshoot Ethernet devices
- Assist with virtualized server management (VMWare)
- Assist team with installation and testing of control system interconnections for new construction
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent, Electromechanical Technology degree preferred
- 2+ years of manufacturing electrical maintenance preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- PLC Configuration Software experience, prefer RSLogix 5000
- Knowledge of proper electrical codes and procedures
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Any exposure to MySQL would be a huge plus.
- Ability to travel. Normal job will be local with some travel required during large-scale remote projects
Subject to outside environmental conditions; hazards such as moving parts, electrical current, and working in high places; subject to noise; occasional lifting and climbing.
Salary : $55,000 – $95,000