International manufacturer of products for aerospace has immediate need for Engineering Manager-
The Engineering Manager and is responsible for all Aviation Oxygen Systems Engineering Department activities and products. A degree in an Engineering discipline is required for this position. A solid working knowledge of drafting practices, as well as good comprehension of general machine shop practices are mandatory. Embraces and executes the Company Core Values. Actively supports the Company’s vision and goals. This position is typically reserved for those individuals with a minimum of ten years of experience in the area of Mechanical design with at least 3 years of supervisory experience at the team level. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Engineering solutions form customer specifications and requirements, providing analysis (quantitative and qualitative) of solutions, provide direction to Design Engineers for drafting and modeling design solution
- Writing supporting documentation, including but not limited to; Qualification Test Plans and Procedures, Acceptance Test Procedures, Dynamic and Static analysis, test and computation results
- Assignment of work to members of the Engineering Team via the Ejob system.
- Closely monitoring the progress of approved programs and re-aligning resources as appropriate to maintain project deliverables
- All non-performance related issues on all designs produced by
- Concept generation on new jobs as required
- Coordination of Ejobs and Design tasks with other departments
- Engineering department policy determinations
- Staffing level of the Engineering Department (hiring/firing)
- Training of new Engineering department employees
- Training requirement evaluation for existing employees
- Performance evaluations of Engineering Department personnel
- Departmental Budget concerns and tracking
- ISO 9001/AS9100 QMS compliance and update as required
- Generation and approval of Design standards and Lessons Learned
- Production support supervision and delegation
- Engineering Release and/ or Engineering Change approval
- CAD-System “wellness” assurance
- Continuous Improvement of the Engineering Department
- Assigning and closing customer Corrective Action Requests (CARs) assigned to the Engineering Dept
Directly supervises all employees in the Engineering Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES In daily work, an employee is responsible to maintain or exceed the degree of excellence requested by the internal and external customers of this department. This includes following ISO 9001/AS9100 policies, procedures and work instructions, using problem solving techniques to solve root causes of problems, and viewing quality as customer satisfaction. Aerox expects all employees to take pride in a job well done the first time.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS degree from an accredited Mechanical Engineering program and a minimum of 10 years of work experience in engineering design.
- Thorough knowledge of design, development and test engineering, manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Aerospace engineering experience preferred, aircraft oxygen system experience desired.
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments as well as identify and remove roadblocks.
- High level of understanding of robust engineering tools/methods, i.e. DFMEA, DVP&R
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills where problems are very unusual and challenging.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated with a strong sense of personal ownership and a team attitude.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with and motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize and support multiple tasks in a high paced and exciting environment.
Salary : $100,000 – $120,000