Rapidly expanding HVAC contractor in sunny Pensacola Florida has immediate need for an experienced Project Manager!
Position: Project Manager
Department – Mechanical
Reports To – Mechanical Department Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Places orders for equipment and materials, coordinates subcontractors, and assists estimators, all with the primary objective of completing a project within or below the parameters of the estimate. Specific projects will be assigned by the Mechanical Department Manager.
- Places orders, by writing purchase orders, for equipment and materials and verifies the completeness and accuracy of the same.
- Coordinates subcontractors on projects.
- Locates discrepancies on plans/specifications and corrects prior to project start.
- Coordinates with general contractors, and architects/engineers regarding any discrepancies or requests for information on projects.
- Confers with operations manager and general foreman to establish percentage of project to be invoiced each month.
- Assists commercial manager and project engineers as requested.
- Stationed in office for approximately 70% of working time. Remaining time is spent at job sites, general contractor, architect/engineer, or vendor meetings. Some out-of-town travel may be required. Will use personal vehicle for job-site visits/meetings as required (with mileage reimbursement).
- Safety hazards would be minimal (general office working conditions) with the exception of job site visits which involve the typical safety hazards of any construction site.
Project Manager (continued)
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to read and understand plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with others, both inside and outside the company.
- Able to report to various outside meetings, and visit job sites.
- Prior experience working in a related field position is preferred but is not necessary.
- Good driving record (No DUI’s, reckless driving, excessive speeding, etc. within last 3 years.)
- High school graduate
Journeyman or Master Gas Installers Competency Card
Salary : $60,000 – $75,000