Are you interested in and have the skills to prepare and review complex tax returns?
Are you interested in recommending tax strategies to better the client’s tax position?
Do You have a deep understanding of the tax law?
Are you interested in and capable of training junior staff?
If you are interested than this is the right position for you.
- Prepares complex individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns
- Performs review of individual tax returns prepared by tax staff or interns
- Serves as a technical resource for tax staff and interns
- May have the opportunity to work on estate, gift, trust and international tax returns
- Conducts basic and complex tax research
- Collaborates with firm colleagues to conduct tax planning for individual, corporate, partnership, estate, gift, trust and international tax clients
- Reviews federal, state and local tax notices and drafts responses
- Authors and collaborates on articles, blogs and e-books
- Delegates work to tax staff and interns
- Supervises tax staff and interns; defines expectations and performance indicators
- Participates in firm wide and tax department administrative projects
- Acts as key client contact person for smaller engagements
- Fosters and exemplifies collaborative working relationships with all employment levels of the firm
- Assists with training of other tax department or firm accounting personnel
- Represents firm at intern recruiting fairs
- Develops a network of industry peers and business contacts, meets with prospective clients, and cultivates referral business
- Attends networking events
- Three to four years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in knowledge and depth of understanding with the complexities of tax issues
- Bachelor or master’s degree in accounting (or taxation) from an accredited college or university
- CPA license (or CPA eligible)
- Proficiency with tax software programs and tax research products
- High level of proficiency in Adobe products and Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills to meet client and tax compliance deadlines
- Self-directed and self-motivated work ethic that contributes to the client service team by producing quality work with quick turnaround and attentive service
- Works with an entrepreneurial approach to client service while building positive working relationships with clientele
- Comfortable with preparing and presenting workshops, seminars and training sessions to both internal and external audiences