This job is available in every city in the US and allows for a good mix of remote/onsite work.
Work for the leading company in their field.
Have an actual work/life balance.
Enjoy limitless career growth potential.
Finance and Accounting Automation Senior Consultant
Location: anywhere in the continental US.
We have been retained by one of the “Big Four” global business consulting and financial services firm whose track record of success is causing a huge influx of business.
As a result, they need to bring on numerous individuals who will have the title “Controllership Services – Finance and Accounting Automation Workiva Senior Consultant”.
This is a big job, exciting and fun by itself, but is also a stepping stone to truly limitless career growth.
The individuals hired for these roles will work at optimizing processes, developing requirements, creating roadmaps, and manipulating, and managing data connections, tool workflows, templates and permissions to deliver meaningful transformation leveraging Workiva solution. Sample Senior Consultant responsibilities include
- Working with clients to understand business challenges and identify solutions to drive desired outcomes
- Performing current state assessment of client accounting, reporting, reconciliation, data, and algorithm capabilities
- Leveraging tools to enable actionable decision making
- Developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing with specific focus on Workiva and Blackline
- Focus accounting and finance domain areas will include management/ cost accounting, intercompany accounting, consolidations accounting, accrual accounting, predictive accounting, and enterprise data modeling
- Mapping data flows and to identify optimal design and governance options as well as potential risks
- Developing business solutions leveraging emerging automation, cognitive, and machine learning tools.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in the following majors with relevant business, technology, data and/or analytical focused coursework:
- Business: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Analytics
- Technology: Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems, Computer Science
- Math/Engineering: Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering
- Strong communication, team building, teaming and presentation experience
- 3+ years of technical or advisory-related experience in controllership, accounting, financial planning and analysis, reporting
- Experience with packaged technologies – Workiva
- Experience in leading and developing teams
- Experience in building finance and accounting models and using purpose-built or custom-built solutions
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Opportunities to travel up to 50%, depending on role and location
- Master’s degree in Business, Technology or Math/Engineering
- Experience with packaged technologies (e.g., S/4HANA, Oracle Cloud, Workday, BlackLine, Workiva) or RPA
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High energy, result driven person
- Ability to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
- Strong commitment to the customer
- Ability to multi-task and ensure timely deliverables
All qualified applicants will be responded to very quickly. The team is highly motivated.