Well established, highly profitable CPA and consulting firm offers several exceptional career opportunities for professionals who specialize in accounting and transaction advisory services. Positions are available at the Senior, Manager, and Managing Director levels. Prefer candidates licensed as a CPA with a minimum of three years of Big-4 or national CPA firm audit or assurance consulting experience.
This practice is a great alternative to the rigors, politics, and excessive overtime inherent with the Big-4. They offer an entrepreneurial, consulting oriented environment with a variety of both Fortune 500 and closely held clients, in diverse industries. The firm offers, high salaries, monthly and annual bonuses, great benefits, flexible work schedules, and a reasonable work / life balance. Will consider paying interview expenses, a relocation package, and visa transfer assistance to exceptional candidates coming directly from Big-4 or national CPA firms.
For the Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services (ATS) Managing Director position, you will be supporting our clients’ in the following areas:
– Audit preparation (audit schedule and financial statement preparation, interfacing with auditors)
– IPO readiness (S-1 preparation, understanding and fulfilling filing requirements)
– Financial and SEC reporting (public and private disclosure/reporting requirements)
– Technical accounting research and implementation
– Mergers and acquisitions (due diligence, purchase price allocation, post transaction support and integration)
– Project advisory services ( project management office (PMO), needs analysis/requirements planning, and technical assistance and planning)
We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated and will work with firm leadership to develop our vision and future goals, to assist in the development of team members, both professionally and technically, and to further grow and expand our ATS practice.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification
- 12+ years of audit, compliance and/or operations combined which must include a minimum of eight or more years of public accounting experience, preferably, at a Big 4 or national firm
- Experience and proven success in selling professional services through existing client relationships and as well as the development of new client prospect
Demonstrates the following leadership qualities:
- Empathy: The leader attempts to understand and empathize with others. Workers must be considered not only as employees, but also as people who need to be developed and from whom their respect must be earned.
- Self-Awareness: The leader has the ability to view situations from an integrated, holistic position.
- Foresight: The leader has the ability to foresee the likely outcome of a situation. It enables the leader to learn about the past and to achieve a better understanding about the current reality.
- Building community: A leader identifies means to build a strong community within his organization and wants to develop a true community among businesses and institutions.
Demonstrates the following people development skills:
- Skillfully provides feedback on a regular basis that motivates team members to improve performance
- Earns the respect of team members through a willingness to help people help themselves
- Supports people with their personal development plans and follows up on progress, creating a learning environment
- Encourages and seeks feedback from subordinates
- Recognizes strengths in people and maximizes them to build effective teams
Demonstrates the following technical accounting skills:
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in simple terms to firm clients as well as internal employees
- Demonstrates an eagerness to stay current with technical accounting literature and the ability to teach internal employees in the following key areas: revenue recognition, equity issues, consolidation, derivatives, fair value measurements, EPS, acquisitions, inventory and share-based payments.
- Extensive research skills demonstrating the ability to research and summarize new and emerging technical issues
- Exhibits sound judgment and supportable conclusions in arriving at technical conclusions
Demonstrates the following project management skills:
- Outstanding client service skills with a “can do” positive attitude
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Ability to travel
For Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services (ATS) Project Managers, we are seeking individuals with a minimum of five years of public accounting experience at Big 4/national firms who can help us enthusiastically meet our clients’ needs within financial reporting assistance and support, other accounting support, including implementation assistance with new accounting pronouncements and financial restatements, SEC filings related to IPOs, debt offerings and acquisitions, transaction-oriented accounting and reporting assistance related to mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence, purchase price allocation and post-transaction support and integration.
For Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services (ATS) Seniors, we are seeking individuals with a minimum of three years of public accounting experience at Big 4/national firms who can help us enthusiastically meet our clients’ needs within financial reporting assistance and support, implementation assistance with new accounting pronouncements and financial restatements, SEC filings related to IPOs, debt offerings and acquisitions and transaction-oriented accounting and reporting assistance related to mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence, purchase price allocation and post-transaction support and integration.