Analytical Lab Manager- Incoming Materials 17524
Our client is Fortune 150 Manufacturer of specialty food products for the world and due to promotion recent and plant growth is looking to hire a Lab Manager for their state-of-the-art plant on MI/IN border (Lagrange-Kalamazoo corridor)
Reporting directly to Quality Director, the Analytical Lab Manager is responsible for and is an active leader in ensuring major objectives are met such as assuring regulatory compliance, meeting production schedules, creating and maintaining a high level of employee relations, satisfying all customer service needs, and ensuring budgetary and financial goals are met. An excellent understanding of the manufacture of products is required, as well as expert knowledge of the Processing and Analytical areas.
- Chemical and physical testing of ingredients, in-process, finished product and various environment/utility tests.
- Corrective action/preventive action (CAPA) for recurring deviations.
- Laboratory method and document review.
- Continuous improvement of laboratory efficiency and productivity.
- Training and managing supervisors, team leaders and chemists in the analytical laboratory.
- Managing the department budget.
- Technical resource for the plant and technical liaison for other business units.
- Management oversight of Analytical Laboratory and Incoming Materials Inspection lab in support of 24/7 manufacturing operations
- Accurate and timely testing of in-process product, finished product and raw material and packaging testing.
- Personnel management/development
- Direct Reports: (4) Supervisors (~34) Assistant Chemists across 2 shifts
- BS degree in Chemistry or closely related area of study Master’s degree in Chemistry ideal
- 2+ years’ supervisory / leadership experience
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for GMP or FDA regulated products
Above average salary+ bonus/pension/stock+ bench marked benefits.
Relocation package offered as needed