Must be based out of Pittsburgh, PA area (within 25 miles).
Work from home and visit clients by car on a daily basis Monday – Friday.
You will handle servo motion and mechatronics applications for Western PA and Northern OH. (Akron – Cleveland, OH – Pittsburgh).
This is a Distributor Application Engineering role.
- Possess or Gain competence with the following key automation product technologies & solutions.
- Apply mechatronic Servo Motion & Control Products.
- Apply Motion Control products
- Apply Mechanical Products
- Provide Technical Support of our Product Lines
- Perform Customer Service, Application Engineering, and Factory Liaison duties
- Develop customer relationships
- Assess and define customer needs
- Gather application info
- Present product and larger solutions to solve needs
- Perform hardware and software demos
- Provide system design assistance, component sizing, and component selection
- Assess lost business opportunity and provide updates
- Provide timely solution quotations
- Provide detailed and accurate weekly visit log and expense account reporting.
- Traveling to all existing or potential customer sites within assigned territory and making sales calls on existing or potential customers.
- Investigating customer requirements for product applications, resolving customer problems, expanding current product sales to existing customers
- Providing customer with new product information to gain additional business and strengthen foothold at customer.
- Establishing professional customer relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, or other key personnel)
- Developing new accounts, maintaining and increasing current customer base.
- Developing, in conjunction with management, sales strategies to sell applicable product lines and services
- Develop working vendor relationships
- Traveling within territory required.