In this role, you are the technical support person, internally and externally, for our automation, PLC, and mechatronics
You are the technical link between the manufacturers and the OEM machine builders and product users.
- Plan, design, construct and install components, systems and equipment in an industrial environment, using product knowledge in conjunction
with engineering skills and practices.
- Design applications and develop or review application specifications in conjunction with the
appropriate sales colleagues and clients.
- Creates the product Bill of Materials (BOM), drawings, and documentation to quote, sell or supply the solution
- Communicate closely with sales, operations, shop or field personnel to implement solutions which
meet the initial product specifications and ultimately the client’s goals.
- Serve as Subject Matter Experts for the Marketing team to develop content for the website and other marketing tools
- Design, develop and test electromechanical automation systems and sub-assemblies.
- Develop PLC software, programming, electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Assist with pre-sales and post-sale activities as required including developing and giving customer demos to prove out the solutions
- Research, collect and report information on the capabilities of our products, services and that of our competition.
- Teach clients to be self-sufficient in the technologies
- Help drive product and market share growth and customer satisfaction.
- Actively participate in regular meetings to brief and train sales personnel.
- Continual product training will be required to maintain position
- Cross-functional decision making skills
- Strong written, verbal, persuasion and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of PLC, Motion, Mechatronics, and Industrial Machinery
- Willingness to work with a team as needed
- Able to make presentations to customers
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Proficient computer/media skills such as with Microsoft Office
- Understanding of programming, networks and software (IEC61131-3, c, c++, Python, Ladder Logic, Structured Text, Function Block Diagram)