Apply for the Business Development Manager – Elk Grove Village, IL position
Business Development Manager – Elk Grove Village, IL
My client is looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to sell airfreight forwarding service, approximately 80% international / approximately 20% domestic air & trucking, in the Midwest & parts of the SE USA areas.
The BDM job is based in the Chicago, IL. area and the sales area that goes with this job is mainly IL, MI, MN, WI, IA, KY, MS, AK, TN, AL, LA, and MO. The only sales call you will make there are on the main verticals/industries being targeted. Business is not expected to come from every state.
· Develop international & domestic (air & truck) commercial accounts to move their business.
· Provides solutions to my client’s customers which includes air and land transports. Offers special and tailormade solutions.
· Perform assigned tasks to support and meet its objectives and targets regarding ISMS (Information security management system) as documented in Policies and follow all requirements as set out in the variant ISMS policies. It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day-to-day activities incorporate ISMS Policies
· 5 year’s minimum sales experience within the Air Freight Forwarding transportation field in a similar position.
· BA degree preferred but might be waived depending on the candidates’ experience.
· Your travel will fluctuate depending on planning face-to-face sales calls and phone calls. The majority of travel will be domestic. There may be some
international travel. You will travel via car and planes.
. My client’s requirements for selling are a majority, approximately 80% of air international, and about 20% or so would be domestic airfreight or domestic truck
(Continued Page 2)
Salary / Benefits:
· $90K – $120K per year based on candidate’s experience.
· Sales Incentive is based on a sliding scale of gross revenue sold & with a sliding scale of the percent that computes your commission.
· Benefits include Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K, PTO, and paid holidays.
- Car allowance: There is an automobile allowance of $350.00 per month plus reimbursement for of work-related mileage at 50% of the current government rate.