Apply for the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant – COTA position
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) –
- Direct Hire
- New COTA Program Grads Welcome
- Competitive Compensation
- Great Benefits Package
- Professional Growth & Stability
- Innovative Training Programs
Location: Utica, NY
- Work in collaboration with the OT to establish a rehabilitation plan.
- Follow guidance of OTR/L in selecting therapy activities to fit Residents’ needs and capabilities.
- Assist Residents in carrying out daily activities.
- Monitor Residents’ performance in therapy activities, providing encouragement.
- Teach Residents how to use special equipment to assist with daily function.
- Supervise Residents’ activities to ensure they are done properly.
- Report the Resident’s progress to the OTR/L.
- Responsibly and accurately document treatments and outcomes in rehab software.
- Graduate of an accredited OTA Program.
- Current New York State OTA License.
- Experience in long-term care setting a plus.
About the area: Utica is a city in the Mohawk Valley and the county seat of Oneida County, New York. A unique city with sprawling parks and playgrounds, and convenient shopping. Available housing includes everything from wonderful old 19th century Victorians, to condominiums, to the house of your choice in a variety of new developments. Oneida and neighboring communities offer excellent school systems with records of academic excellence and student success. The city also boasts a progressive library, and many other easily accessible services. Oneida is equidistant between Syracuse to its west and Utica to its east, with beautiful Oneida Lake just 5 miles north. Finger Lakes wine country and the majestic Adirondack mountains are easy day trips, with Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia and New York City all within a 5-hour drive. Syracuse University sports are a major source of regional pride and excitement and two world class shopping and entertainment destination – Turning Stone Casino and Destiny USA – are just minutes away.