CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER – TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
A central Ohio based technology services provider continues to grow, yielding the need for an experienced Chief Financial Officer.
This position is part of the executive team, reporting to the CEO, and is the CEO’s key and sole financial resource. The CFO s individual is responsible for overall analysis of the company’s performance compared to historical performance as well as to industry performance, and assuring data is both timely and accurate.
Key responsibilities include a variety of accounting, finance, legal, immigration and human resource duties and the management of direct reports in support of operations and growth. The CFO’s direct reports include the Controller and heads of HR and Legal, each of which manages teams in their function.
The CFO is directly involved with financial insight to drive growth and effectiveness of the organization.
- Establish predictable forecasting by working with the leaders of each business practice to understand closed deal delivery schedules, pipeline of future deals, and cost alignment
- Communicate with internal management, Advisory Board, Customers, and Vendors as necessary to align expectations
- Work with department heads and leaders to build aggressive but attainable annual budgets, and monitor performance against goals and forecasts
- Effectively lead, enhance, and deliver on typical CFO responsibilities such as monthly and annual reporting, accounting operations, etc.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team on long-term business and financial planning
- Participate in business expansion activities to include acquisitions, strategic alliances etc
- Develop and manage compensation plans that reward appropriately for effective performance, minimizing the wrong performance
- Responsible for annual financial audit and registration and taxing compliance
- Manage and lead shared services’ teams (HR, Legal, and Accounting)
- Actively participate in strategic planning
- Demonstrate and display company values and vision in actions and interactions with staff
- Seek and strive for continuous improvement throughout the organization
COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- 15+ years of accounting and finance leadership, with at least 10 at an executive (COO / VP) level
- Orientation and commitment to organizational culture and values
- Experience in the technology services sector is strongly preferred. Understanding of professional services business
- Oversight of shared services including Human Resources (required) and Legal
- Track record of promoting profitability and growth through financial insight to service delivery and operations
- Experience with Workday HCM and Financials is a plus
- Strong understanding of automation for accounting and finance operations
- Educational background including Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, and preferably MBA or other graduate degree
Corporate location is in Columbus OH, and the individual selected for this role will be based in central Ohio. Exceptional candidates outside of central Ohio will be considered, but relocation to central Ohio is likely.
This position offers excellent compensation and benefits. Compensation includes competitive base salary plus bonus based on company performance, and opportunity for equity.