Our client is an established and well respected supplier of custom machined aircraft parts located in CT.
Due to the growth of their business, there is an immediate need to add a CMM Programmer Inspector who will have the following responsibilities
- Perform dimensional inspection for final, inprocess, and first piece inspection, using various types of standard inspection equipment and gages, micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, thread gages, micro-height gages, etc.
- Operate CMM’s using previously generated CMM programs with detailed work instructions and ability to create basic CMM programs using PC-DMIS software a plus.
- These CMM programs contain detailed work instructions for the product set-up, orientation and part process and characteristic accountability.
- Collaborate and cooperate with Lead CMM Programmer to maintain productive workload across (2) B&S Global CMM’s.
- Perform CMM inspections of machined aircraft engine components at various stages of the manufacturing, inprocess and final inspection process stages.
- US Citizenship (defense related manufacturing)
- Solid ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and applicable customer (PWA) specifications.
- Solid ability, knowledge and understanding of GD&T including ANSI-Y-14.5, PWA 360 & PWA 79360.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of PC-DMIS software including alignments, tolerances and exporting of measurement data.
- 4+ years of layout inspection.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and applicable specifications
- Able to use general inspection equipment, including micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc.
- Use of the CMM for inspection in the manual mode