Our client is a very well establish cold forming manufacturer located near Mauston, WI. Due to growth in the company and succession planning they need to add a Cold Form Tool Design Engineer to their staff. Ideally you will be a person who can mentor and help develop less experienced team members. This is a beautiful part of the state, with good schools, and great outdoor activities.
What you will be doing:
- Design cold forming tooling that meets specifications and produces a blueprint part.
- Maintain digital/electronic data. Support manufacturing and other departments as an internal customer.
- Specify, develop, validate and install new Forming equipment, gauges and tooling.
- Work with suppliers for tooling requirements based on Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Identify and implement quality improvements, tool cost improvements and uptime improvements.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support for manufacturing Forming processes.
- Develop and maintain engineering documentation to support requirements.
- Train others in troubleshooting tool failures.
- Generate tooling work orders.
- Provides metric data for reviews.
- Supports customers & project teams with data analysis.
What they are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing tooling for this precision Cold Forming operations.
- Experience with NAGFORM Design and simulation or other simulation programs
- Working knowledge of cold forming machines (National, Nedschroef etc.)
- The greater your engineering academics the better but key is the experience
- Experience in gauge specifications and usage for precision components with micron tolerances.
- Understand and interpret engineering prints. Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401K with 4% match after 1 year, averaging 3%
- Discretionary bonus that has averages $10,000
- Vacation, personal days, and holidays
- Relocation assistance is available