Are you a Controller who has experience working at the corporate level of a manufacturing company? Are you a Controller who wants to play a key role in the continued amazing growth of our client company? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a leader in the manufacturing of orthopedic implants and instruments in the spine industry. Our client has an amazing history of continued growth and expansion. Our client has a culture which is employee focused and is guided by the Golden Rule, “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.” Our client is owned by a European privately owned company which has the same set of values. As Controller you will report to the President, and you will have a team of three direct reports.
As Controller you will:
- Oversee Accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
- Work with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
- Oversee reporting to the parent company’s CFO
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compare sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses; makes and oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Review planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Analyze operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Work with the President and other Management to coordinate planning and strategizing for the future direction of the company.
- Study long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Oversee investment of funds and involved with raising additional capital that is required for expansion.
- Participate as a fiduciary of the company 401(k) plan and a member of it’s investment committee.
Your background should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, accounting or finance
- Experience working in a corporate setting
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong analysis skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the company and handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature in which judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in partnership with others.
- Mastery of Good Documentation Practices.
- Demonstrated outstanding grammar and writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot production problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
Our client is seeking local/commutable candidates, as there is no relocation assistance offered.