My client is a well established and stable manufacturer of custom automated manufacturing equipment / production solutions, who firmly believes in creating a good work / life balance for its employees. Global sales for the entire business is around $500MM annually. They are presently seeking a Controls Engineer to join their Aftermarket (Retrofit) Team, which can be located near Syracuse, NY or West of Mahwah, NJ. Will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing all aspects of controls automation associated with upgrading / updating customers’ automated machinery.
Since the job can require up to 50% travel (averages around 30%), a hybrid / partial remote arrangement can be made. However, the hired Controls Engineer will still need to be based / live near one of the two operational locations: Central NYS or Northern NJ. Partial Remote Placement becomes less likely the more junior the controls engineer, who requires more training and support from his or her more senior colleagues.
It is an excellent career opportunity to be part of a well-established custom automation manufacturer, who firmly believes in creating a positive work environment that encourages a good work / life balance. With that in mind, when their employees have to work any overtime on a given project, their salaried employees receive paid overtime.
- BSEE or an Associate degree with a combination of coursework and experience is required.
- A minimum of 1 to 5 years of controls and electrical systems design experience with industrial automation or automated machinery is required.
- Must have Control System design experience including electrical schematics, control panel layouts, and BOMs utilizing AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of AB ControlLogix and /or Siemens S7 PLCs is a big plus.
- HMI programming experience using applications including FactoryTalk View, WinCC or Wonderware is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of Rockwell PF 755, Siemens S120 and speed servo applications is a big plus.
- Knowledge of and designing systems to meet CE, UL, CSA conformance is a must.
- Experience in installing, start-up and commissioning of automated machinery is preferred.
- Experience in capital equipment machinery preferred
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office products is a must.
- Enhanced written and communication skills is required.
COMPENSATION: Salary range DOE from $65K to $115K plus annual bonus up to 5% and paid overtime (straight time) for working over 45 hours.