Apply for the Controls Systems Engineer position
We are a premier global leader in embedded control systems technology for large cruising & racing yachts. We design, supply, commission, troubleshoot, optimize, and support the electro-hydraulic systems for the superyacht industry worldwide.
We have an immediate need for a Control Systems Engineer to program embedded control systems for superyachts.
You must be a US Citizen as we do work with the Department of Defense, and this status is required.
· Design, implement, document, and test software automation solutions using IEC 61131-3 standard
· Develop and support a framework for our control systems
· Program PLC’s and graphical user interfaces with CoDeSys V3.5 for electrohydraulic control systems
· Design HMI (GUI) applications for simplicity and usability
· Develop reusable, well-documented code libraries for implementation by engineers
· Fix bugs and upgrading functionality
· Implement source control for software changes
· Build internal tools and user interfaces to help the team operate quickly and effectively
· Develop frequent working software demos for customer review
· Perform hardware testing of systems and processes
· Keep all technical documentation and software current and cataloged
· Implement new process procedures and modifications for more efficient operations
· Provide technical support to customers or colleagues by phone, email, zoom, or on-site visits (both domestic and international).
· Develop functional specifications and I/O lists for projects
The estimated travel is 15% per year.
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, or computer science
· This is the strongest requirement for this position: Experiences in Object Oriented
programming environment, Python, c++, Java, Visual Studio .NET, Structured Text
(ST), Instruction List (IL), and Function Block Diagram (FBD)
· Knowledge of the software development cycle
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and multi-task
· Strong understanding of object-oriented software design and implementation
· Knowledge of a higher-level programming language such as C++, Java, or .NET is preferred
· Proficient experience in networking protocols like Ethernet TCP / IP.
· Organization skills are essential
· Ability to prioritize projects and meet completion dates
· Possess strong communication skills, both written and spoken
· Ability to obtain a valid US Passport for work travel.
· Flexibility to work overtime and weekends when needed
· Contribute in a positive manner with a can-do attitude
· Good understanding of basic machine controls (motors, hydraulics, valves, etc.)
· Basic electronic troubleshooting skills
· Experience designing CANopen, NMEA2000 or J1939 network systems
Exciting things about this opportunity:
· Access to the newest technologies and cutting edge, exciting
· Competitive salaries and benefit packages
· Mentoring and training to ensure your success.
· International travel to appealing locations
· Flexible, casual work environment
· Involvement in every step of the project life cycle, from conception to completion
· Gratification from being part of a team where a single person has a meaningful impact
· Hands-on experience to grow your career in a niche industry
Our location is beautiful – offering affordable housing and a good work/life balance