Solid manufacturing client of ours is in need of a Cut Off Operator I.
Summary: Perform a variety of duties involving the setup and operation of a press brake machine to bend and form plate and bar stock materials for further processing; set up and operate N.C. brake, nibbling and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Work from N.C. programs, bills of material, blue prints, sketches and instructions from supervision.
- Determine press brake procedures from programs, programming instructions, prints and notify supervision or engineering of any improper cut or bend instructions.
- Instruct shear operator of any cutting revisions needed to maintain proper press brake operation and quality with minimal scrap loss.
- Set up press brake by positioning and aligning dies in bed and ram, setting back gauge, adjusting ram stroke according to material thickness to avoid bottoming out and inspecting first piece bend for proper dimension and specification requirements.
- Feed and remove material from press brake manually, or with crane, and actuate machine to bend material.
- Direct machine operator/helper III in material handling and routine press brake functions.
- Make periodic piece bend inspections and adjust equipment to maintain specified tolerances.
- Oil, grease and maintain press brake equipment.
- Use forklift equipment and floor controlled overhead crane equipment as necessary to move parts and materials; use care to lift and balance loads properly; operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment and materials.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervision.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Math – Must have basic knowledge of shop math.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
KNOWLEDGE: Use decimals, fractions and other ordinary arithmetic. Requires interpretation to adhere to requirements.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Over 1 and up to 3 years of previous qualifying experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.