This position must have relationships with Hospitals and Medical Groups in Southern California
Director of Business Development – this role is customer facing and will strategically focus on building, growing, innovating and achieving the financial and sales objectives defined in the strategic sales partnerships.
- Create, develop, discover and leverage strategic and emerging market opportunities to increase the company’s sales and profitability.
- Ensure senior leadership is aware of the strategic activity, market opportunities, status updates, forecast trends and overall business development outlook.
- Develop strategies to realize strategic opportunities while minimizing risks to the business.
- Manage rules of engagement, rights and obligations under the company’s key strategic agreements and other regulatory bodies as needed by potential customers and as well as the company.
- Obtain customer feedback on product/service quality and share with leadership as a way to continuously improve company’s performance.
- Provide ad-hoc and ongoing decision support to leadership by engaging in data and risk/return analysis, as well as research and market assessment activities.
- Identify new market opportunities and lead the development of a robust and successful business proposal that secures new deals, contracts and long-term relationships.
- Finalize recommendations and negotiations strategies with the support of senior business development leaders.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are delivered in a way that are consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Monitor industry trends, emerging partnerships as well as political and legislative changes and determine what, if any, impact they may have on the business.
- Develop and implement strategic changes to maintain compliance and maximize business performance.
- Foster an excellent rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, suppliers, community organizations and regulatory bodies.
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations and other sales-related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field and 5-7 years of strategic, industrial, healthcare or emerging partnerships experience with a preference for and knowledge in working within a sales and/or business development role.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret business and market intelligence and make informed business development decisions.