Director of Manufacturing
New York, NY
Proven and trusted supplier of the Fabric industry to designers, jobbers, retailers, furniture manufacturers, and the RV industry for the past 40 years, this client is looking for a Director of Manufacturing. The Director of Manufacturing will lead all aspects of the Mill operations and implement/maintain strict safety procedures. This role will also implement and maintain SOP’s along with the responsibility for the overall quality of manufactured goods from the Mill.
- Proactively and periodically measure productivity and make changes when necessary
- Manage production to hit monthly delivery targets.
- Maintain all necessary inventory quantities.
- Define, track, and report KPIs that drive productivity and measure success.
- Manage scheduling and all necessary factors to maintain high productivity.
- Implement and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all equipment is running efficiently.
- Manage all staff that accounts for direct and indirect labor of the mill operations.
- Drive safety awareness and create and maintain an active safety program.
- Create a positive working environment of high morale.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure high-quality goods are produced.
- Manage all other aspects that directly or indirectly affected mill production.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 8-10 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the textile industry or working with looms and warping machines is a plus.
- Strong understanding of value streams and increasing productivity.
- A strong engineering background.
- Experience in retooling and reshaping complex processes.
- Tracking data to make decisions.
- Creating daily, weekly, and monthly metrics.
- Leading a team of 40+ diverse workers.