Growing manufacturing company, brand leader in the consumer goods industry. Our client is looking for an experienced leader of people and outcomes. Consumer goods background is strongly preferred and furniture experience, a plus. Domestic and international purchasing experience is needed. Ideal candidates will have alignment with the following company values and guiding principles.
Seasoned Professional Director of Purchasing. In this role, the Director of Purchasing oversees the management of purchasing functions and directs activities so that approved products are shipped on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. The right candidate will have a track record of success in a fast-paced manufacturing environment including managing change, safety performance, developing people, cost improvements and developing and sustaining effective vendor relationships.
- Responsible for the development and formulation of long-and short-range planning, policies, programs, and objectives for the purchasing functions.
- Track record negotiated highly competitive agreements with vendors and collaboration partners.
- Develop a strategic and timely purchasing plan to ensure that products conform to customer and quality standards.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards; provides reports on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Formulate and recommend policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the manufacturing facility.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Direct the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of purchasing and inventory standards.
- Drive a culture that emphasizes a "People First" environment, open communication, empowerment, recognition, and workplace safety.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g. facility layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Understand profit and loss, accounting functions and the relationship of operational activities and decisions.
- Partner with Human Resources to deploy leadership development opportunities, building a diverse workforce, and introduction of change management concepts to build an engaged workforce.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related field
- 7-10 years successful experience leading a large operations organization
- International and domestic purchasing experience.
- Demonstrated success in the management of people and strong leadership traits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities; problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Proficient in WMS systems and how they relate to inventory control and accuracy.
- Demonstrated success in the management of third-party providers in the areas of warehouse operations, value-added services and transportation.
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- MBA (concentration in Business, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or related field)
- Previous Supply Chain Logistics, Transportation or Engineering experience
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing expertise
- A wide range of logistics experience which may include start-ups, business turnarounds, expansion, new technologies and equipment additions
- Change management including products and process
- Experience with the implementation and execution of final mile home delivery solutions. Specifically, the preparation and delivery of high-quality furniture to a customer's home and/or to retail store locations.
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must — expert in Microsoft Excel required and expert in Microsoft SQL a big plus