Our client is a well respected >$100MM division of a global $1BB+ manufacturer of medical laboratory equipment and supplies.
Excellent compensation, benefits, work environment, career advancement potential, and relocation assistance are all available.
Some of the products they manufacture have many components, so they need an individual who is very strong in the two key aspects of managing a supply chain: procurement and logistics.
The Director of Purchasing (or Director of Procurement ) will
- report to the President
- oversee the global purchasing team (~$35MM in total spend)
- develop and lead a strong supply chain strategy (using score cards etc) with an strong emphasis with all of the components being purchased, including circuit boards, plastics, and metal products.
- manage the raw materials warehouse operation
- Ability to work without the need for immigration sponsorship
- Ability to live and work near Springfield MA
- Experience leading the purchasing of components used by a manufacturing operation
- Experience managing warehouse logistics
- Must be very process oriented (supplier QA, scorecards, etc…)
- Must have selected and managed suppliers domestically and worldwide.