Apply for the Director of Sales – Oil & Gas position
Sales Director for custom fabricated metal products that are sold primarily in the Downstream Oil and Gas Industry. You will be responsible for maximizing our annual sales revenue and be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of your sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitate the ongoing training of your salespeople.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for development of sales to refining, petrochemical and gas processing customers in assigned North America
- Achieve growth, sales and profitability targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Hire and develop both external and internal sales team members as the business needs grow
- Facilitate customer inquiries and coordinate with Inside Sales, Engineering, Operations, and other departments.
- Provide regular, accurate sales forecasting.
- Profitably acquire new customers.
- Collaborate with external Engineers and Consultants to specify our products.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of competitor strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop presentation materials and technical papers.
- Participate with Sales Managers in industry or trade show presentations.
- Own objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls.
- Setting, tracking, and reporting individual sales targets with the sales team.
- The ongoing training of your salespeople. Developing your sales team through motivation, counseling and product knowledge education.
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation. Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
- Working cross-functionally with other departments to ensure our customers are getting realistic lead-time on projects, and to help steward execution of promised deadlines and deliverables for the customer.
- Lead sales and rep team annual meetings, attend appropriate industry conventions and shows and organize customer gatherings.
- B.S Mechanical or Chemical Engineer preferred or business degree with demonstrated technical sales experience
- 5-10 years of downstream petrochemical, gas or finery industry sales experience
- Passion for creating technical solutions and developing strong relationships with customers
- Experience with projects and proposals
- Experience and familiarity with custom manufacturing equipment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent use of time and effective use of resources
- Excellent customer follow-up and responsiveness skills
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Outstanding relationship-building skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent understanding of technical concepts
- Experience in contract negotiations, a plus
- Experience in strategic planning, a plus
- Sales Force contact management software experience, a plus
- Extensive experience with MS Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 25-40%