Electrical Controls Developer/Designer
An assembly builder of electrical control panels which provides
modifications, assemblies, panel building and other services needed to support the parent
company. A growing company that focuses on innovative
solutions to help our partners solve difficult application problems.
General Description: Candidates will be responsible for the development of prototype
control panels, supply application development input and support initial design
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with engineering staff to determine and implement application solutions
for control panels.
• Acts as a liaison between the company and customers as it relates to build and
• Can determine UL requirements
• Determines the correct design, components and wiring instructions for first time
builds and develops the documentation to take into production.
• Identifies improvements and enhancements to improve overall design and/or
• Ensures all updates and changes are identified and accurately documented for
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
• Reviews projects to ensure efficiency is maintained
• Works with QC to maintain and improve on all instructions.
• Ensures all safety, work rules and regulations are maintained.
Qualifications: A person applying for this position should have the following
• 2 year technical degree desired with electrical schematics
• have knowledge of the workings of machine controls.
• Should have an understanding of AutoCAD. Have the ability to develop
schematics, layouts and assembly drawings. Knowledge of 3D design.
• Knowledge of some basic rules of UL. Wire sizing, labeling, etc.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to take an undefined project or concept and develop a controls system to
• Machine building or maintenance experience also a plus