Our client needs an Electrical Engineer for their inhouse production equipment design team. Made up of 20 Electrical and Mechanical Engineers it designs or modifies all the production equipment for their 10 facilities. This position reports to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering-Electrical. The design facility is West of Appleton. This is an excellent, growing organization.
Sorry no visa sponsorship is available.
What you will be doing:
- Define the scope of any given equipment project with the various stakeholders and take responsibility for the electrical side of the project.
- Use AutoCAD to create electrical panel layouts and wiring schematics for control panels (24VDC, 120VAC, and 480VAC) and then lead building of those electrical panels their wiring.
- Design and develop PLC logic to control various machines.
- Program robots for material handling
- Program vision systems for locating parts and finding
- Program and debug variable frequency drives and servo drives.
- Create bills of materials and manage selection and procurement of
- Order all components, working with purchasing
- Follow-up with plants to transition equipment to full
- Design of robot cells, following all RIA/OSHA safety standards and
- Create risk assessment document for all new
What they are looking for:
- Associates Electrical Engineering and 7+ years (BS Electrical Engineering and 5+ years) electrical design experience for production equipment.
- Be a subject matter expert in PLCs (Siemens is preferred), Frequency and Servo Drives or Robotic or Vision Systems, with a general understanding of most of them.
- A team player who can effectively work with mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, electricians, mechanical fabricators, purchasing, plant staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time, generally a week at time, to oversee the installation of equipment and conduct training.
- Understanding Hydraulic and Pneumatic P&ID diagrams would be helpful.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Onsite free medical client for entire family
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Bonus program, avenging 12.5% of base salary.
- Employer funded retirement plan with 6% funding
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program, including family gym membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.
- Relocation assistance if needed.