My client is a well established and stable manufacturer of custom automated manufacturing equipment / production solutions. Global sales for the entire business is around $500MM annually. They are presently seeking a Electrical Engineering Manager to lead their electrical control systems team. Will be responsible for leading the electrical / control systems design, development, and testing of the company’s custom automated machinery. This job was created due to business growth.
It is an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious Sr. Controls Engineer, who is looking to manage an engineering team. Excellent long-term career growth potential. The company is a well-established custom automation manufacturer, who firmly believes in maintaining a good work/life balance for all of its employees. Plus its a company that pays its salaried employees overtime.
Part-time / Hybrid Remote Placement is possible, but still must live in the Oswego / Syracuse, NY area.
- BSEE or an Associate degree with a combination of coursework and experience is required. An advanced degree would be a big plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of electrical automation control systems design experience is required. At least 10 years of overall experience is also required, ideally working for some kind of contract or capital equipment manufacturer.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of team leadership / management experience dedicated to some kind of controls / automated systems development.
- Prior hands-on experience with PLCs, AC Drives, Servos, HMI software, electro-mechanical systems is strongly preferred.
- Should be familiar with CE, UL, CSA conformance
- Experience with capital equipment machinery like web handling and converting equipment is strongly preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office products
- Enhanced written and communication skills required
COMPENSATION: Salary range from $105K to $125K (DOE) plus annual bonus between 7 to 10% and paid overtime (straight time) for working over 45 hours.