Apply for the Electrical Engineering Manager position
Electrical Engineer will lead the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Teams for induction melting, heating, and pouring systems. This position will also provide support for technical, electrical and mechanical design efforts across the organization.
The Electrical Engineer will coordinate the activities of the Mechanical and Control Engineer in conjunction with the Manufacturing/Repair Manager, Aftermarket Service Manager, Project Manage, Vice-President and Sales Departments, and other international divisions. Provide workload management and PLC programming support assisting in project related tasks coordinated with the Control Engineer. Assist in providing technical support to field-service technicians and electro-mechanical technician. Key external contacts include customers and senior management within sub-contractor organizations.
Provide technical leadership to the organization including identifying and innovating induction equipment design and component concepts and upgrades to existing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Manage, direct, coordinate and develop the control engineer and mechanical engineer and to provide engineering support to project teams and other departments.
2. Technically support field-service group and electro-mechanical repairs.
3. Develop constructive relationships with other company departments and domestic and international locations, key sub-contract organizations and customers.
4. Provide technical input and direction to Control Engineer and Mechanical Engineering process to ensure systems are being designed, manufactured, and tested to meet performance and cost requirements.
5. Use knowledge of electrical engineering and execute PLC programming fundamentals to provide support in coordination with existing Control Engineer.
6. Ensure design documents are being produced and reviewed in a formal process, as well as test and commissioning documents.
7. Work with Project Manager and Vice-President on progress.
8. Work with Project Manager and Sales department to establish manpower forecasts for the department and if required, recruit staff to meet forecast needs.
9. Manage engineering effort in support of Business Development and sales activities.
10. Monitor professional development of staff and facilitate their development.
11. Develop, perform, and oversee the performance of analytical, electromagnetic, power electronics, thermal, and utility system interfacing technical design methodology for modeling, designing, and application of induction equipment and power conversion systems to meet application requirements.
12. Evaluate and solve complex problems with induction melting and heating systems.
13. Produce patent applications and oversee the application process.
14. Provide telephone support to service engineers and customers solving technical problems of extraordinary difficulty.
15. Support purchasing in identifying, developing, and evaluating components and suppliers for specific applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
1. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (BSEE) in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
2. 5-10 years’ experience in generating PLC and HMI programming and perform testing with associated hardware.
3. 5-10 years’ experience in the design, fabrication, and application of induction melting, heating, and power supply system technology such as high-power converters, component level power and control electronics, inverters, rectifiers, induction magnetics, transformers, and utility system power quality impact and countermeasure analysis
4. 5 years of managerial experience directing teams involved with electrical, mechanical, power electronics, and control system design, development, and commercialization.
5. Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
6. 20% travel (Domestic and International)