An Environmental Health & Safety Specialist is needed for our Food Manufacturing client in Terre Haute, IN. This role is responsible for environmental, safety, and health programs for 2 facility operations. Approx. 25% travel to the second location is required for this position.Key Responsibilities:
- Manage plant safety, health and loss prevention programs. Develop policies and procedures to ensure that occupational safety and health standards are maintained.
- Monitor and assist the facility with compliance of all company environmental, safety and health standards as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Develop and maintain company environmental, health and safety programs at the facility.
- Inspect the plant regularly for unsafe conditions related to equipment, processes and the facility.
- Participate with plant management teams to develop corrective actions for identified risks.
- Train, counsel and advise personal on all identified safety risks.
- Maintain all safety, environmental and health program records in the company EHS database.
- Conduct new employee EHS orientations, lead and oversee all companywide training programs.
- Participate in all safety activities including inspections, trainings, audits and incident investigations.
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing setting working with environmental, health and safety programs.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Safety, Environmental and Health experience within a manufacturing environment, food manufacturing highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of computer software applications.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Management experience.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health, dental, vision insurance