Are you a Supervisor who enjoys working outdoors? Are you a Supervisor who has experience in or an interest in farming? Are you a Supervisor who is looking for an opportunity that offers tremendous growth? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a potato farming operation focused on continuously improving the quality and quantity of its products that are delivered to its customers. Our client has been a family farm for over 70 years with farms in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and South America. Our client incorporates state-of-the art processes and technology with a modern fleet of equipment.
As a Supervisor II you will be responsible for leading individuals and teams in the planning, execution, and success of organizational goals ad objectives as set forth by company leadership. You will be responsible for developing individuals and teams as well as maintaining, positioning, and employing all company assets across a wide of agricultural functions nd environments. You will safely lead all personnel in the execution of their duties and will continuously seek ways to improve the company’s efficiency and success at the operational level. You will lead a team of up to 20 employees including seasonal workers.
As Supervisor II you will:
- Lead and direct individuals and teams in performing a wide array of agricultural functions across the organization
- Assist in the planning of plantation, growing, and harvesting of a variety of crops–potatoes, tomatoes, and corn
- Lead individuals and teams in the operational planting, growing, and harvesting of a variety of crops
- Directs teams and maintenance personnel in the care, preventative maintenance, and repair of organizational equipment and vehicles
- Collect and assess operational dat to assist leadership in improving organizational efficiency
- Continuously assess and update standard operational procedures
- Collect and document lessons learned in order to build organizational proficiency
- Assist other departments as directed in order to increase professional knowledge and proficiency
- Counsel team members in order to assist them in accomplishing organizational, professional, and personal goals
- Complete weekly time report by crop
As Supervisor II your background should include:
- Associate’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
- Farming experience or other outdoor work experience preferred
- Solid mechanical/equipment maintenance experience
- Must be willing to work long hours during planting, growing, and harvest seasons
Client is seeking local candidates as there is no relocation assistance offered.