Are you a Field Controls Engineer who wants to join a rapidly growing manufacturer of integrated product handling solutions supplying manufacturers all over the globe in a variety of industries including automotive and electronics, paper conversion, pharmaceuticals, food, and health and beauty. If you can answer “yes” you should consider this opportunity.
With minimum direction, reporting to the Director of Aftermarket, you will provide technical support/service to customers during the complete life of a machine. As a company machinery expert you will provide advice and physical assistance to the customer in identifying problems associated with the operation of Federal equipment, and you will provide innovative solutions to make the customer’s operations/processes operate more efficiently and economically. Performance of these duties may require extensive travel including weekends, but OT pay at time and half will result in a very strong compensation package.
As Field Controls Engineer your overall responsibilities include:
- Installing, integrating, repairing and troubleshooting machinery of a complex and involved design,
- Ensuring all established inspection, testing, quality and operating specifications are met.
- Directing and or supervising customer’s personnel during plant machinery installations and integrations or servicing (repair and/or troubleshooting).
- Identifying and correcting software discrepancies.
- Maintaining positive customer relationships and identify new product opportunities. Making recommendations for product improvements.
- Reviewing customer parts’ inventory and advising customer of necessary parts that should be included in customer stock.
- Providing technical support for Plant Operations Department, Sales Department and Engineering Design Department.
Your background should include:
- 4+ years’ experience in highly skilled technical field support of an electro-mechanical product/system utilizing PLC systems
- Electro-mechanical experience and skills.
- PLC programming skills required (Allen Bradley preferred). You will do the programming but NOT write the code.
- Problem solving and independent judgment skills.
- Experience using a variety of precision measuring instruments and to read and understand complex engineering designs which includes wiring schematics.
- Capable of successfully handling a multi-tasked role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Domestic and International travel required – up to 75%
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- Very comprehensive medical/dental package
- OT paid at time and a half….total compensation can reach six figures
- Benefits begin day one of employment
- Life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Retirement savings program and company match
- Wellness program
- Company that is expanding by adding 50,000 square feet to meet amazing growth
Our client is seeking only local/commutable candidates.