Are you a Field Service/Mechatronics Technician who wants to join a rapidly growing manufacturer of integrated product handling solutions supplying manufacturers all over the globe in a variety of industries including automotive and electronics, paper conversion, pharmaceuticals, food, and health and beauty. If you can answer “yes” you should consider this opportunity.
As a Field Service/Mechatronics Technician, reporting to the Director of Aftermarket, you will work onsite at the company’s NE IN manufacturing location as well as at a variety of remote US based locations to provide a high level of customer satisfaction while detecting and resolving any issues related to mechanical, electrical and controls components of our client’s custom conveyor and material handling systems.
As Field Service/Mechatronics Technician your overall responsibilities include:
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing and optimizing mechanical, electrical and controls equipment
- Doing equipment rigging, positioning and lagging
- Providing mechanical assembly of frames, motors, drives, chain, bearings, supports.
- Performing wire routing from source to point of use, including 120 V, 480 V, control & network communication wiring and sensors
- Providing for Equipment removal and relocation
- Providing, direct and coordinate all Mechanical and Electrical forces to disconnect required equipment at main disconnects, and reconnect equipment per designated termination points on drawings.
- Inspecting and measuring parts and evaluating wear and misalignment
- Removing and replacing worn or defective parts ad adjusts components
Your background should include:
- Accredited vocational or engineering technical degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience with machine testing, validation, installation, preventative maintenance and repair
- Experience with industrial automation and the assembly of manufacturing equipment
- Extensive systems and PLC troubleshooting experience
- Thorough working knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Prior experience reading electrical prints and schematics
- Excellent communication skills, team player, and professional presence
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, self-motivated and focused on time management
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- Very comprehensive medical/dental package
- OT paid at time and a half….total compensation can reach six figures
- Benefits begin day one of employment
- Life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Retirement savings program and company match
- Wellness program
- Company that is expanding by adding 50,000 square feet to meet amazing growth
Our client is seeking only local/commutable candidates.