Fire Sprinkler Designer
Reports directly to the CEO/acting Design Manager to:
• Produce detailed design documents for Fire Sprinkler applications from project specifications, architectural drawings, and code requirements using AutoCAD and other software for original and design changes.
• Read, learn, interpret, and apply code requirements pertaining to job specifications.
• Conduct field/job site surveys to ensure proper design and fit.
• Design sprinkler systems and create shop drawings.
• Create submittal packages and stock lists.
• Obtain vendor quotes and place orders for fabrication and loose material if needed.
• Work with manager to develop project timelines and produce designs according to schedule.
• Provide timely and accurate entries into operating systems and update Compass regularly.
• Familiarity with and ability to read, interpret, and apply NFPA (13) standard to new design requirements
• Solid knowledge of hydraulic calculations; strong math skills
• Ability to travel occasionally
• Desired Qualifications:
• 5 years of sprinkler system design experience designing industrial fire sprinkler systems
• Proficient use of AutoCAD to autonomously design sprinkler systems
• Proficient use of HydraCAD to design sprinkler systems
• Experience using HydraCALC
• NICET certifications in Water Based Systems Layout
• Experience performing job-site field checks/surveys
• Experience with industrial fixed spray & deluge applications is a plus
• Ability to utilize BIM (Building Information Modeling), 3D CAD environment is a plus
• CFPS certification (Certified Fire Protection Specialist) is a plus
• TWIC Card preferred