This position reports to and works closely with the Controller in the overall operations of the Finance / Accounting Department functions; this includes accounting, budgeting, recording, and reporting of financial transactions.
This role requires a 4-year college degree – preferably in accounting or business or finance
You must be very proficient with Microsoft Excel (starting with with Pivot Tables and V Lookups)
There is lots of growth and long-term potential in this role. We will be investing in YOU, and YOU in US.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years in accounting / finance related role.
This role has the path to senior management, so imagine the growth!
Initial Responsibilities (first 6 months):
· New vendor paperwork and setup
· Process Accounts Payable purchasing and manual invoices
· Maintain vendor returns and credits
· Pay Vendors/ Weekly check run
· Process Accounts Receivable parts invoices
· Maintain customer returns and credits
· Review the Age Receivables monthly and follow-up with emails to customer
· Learn the down payment invoicing process for our products
· Balance Advance Receipts account
· Deposit checks for customer payments via remote website
· Apply customer payments to invoices
General Accounting Duties:
· Month-end journal entries
· Month-end reconciliations
· Sales & Use Tax reporting
Additional Learning (First 12 months):
· Work with Management to develop department budgets
· Assist in creation of Excel spreadsheets to develop budgets for Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Office
· Create Summary comparison of budget for review with Management notating changes/updates needed.
· Future state: assist in preparing the Budget Module in Sage for use in the next year budgeting cycle
· Assist in preparation and review of monthly Income Statement to be presented to Management using Excel and Sage ERP.
· Analyze variances of Income statement and explain in Word document notes
· Assist in creation of monthly Cash Flow statement
Year End Auditor Review:
· Assist in preparation of YE audit papers
Standard Operating Procedures:
· Establishes proficiency with new departmental accounting systems (SAGE X3) and procedures; makes recommendation on implementation of revisions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; establishes and maintains effective accounting controls.
· Reviews and maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with Federal, State, and local financial requirements.
· Reviews and analyzes costing and ensures accuracy
· Coordinates activity on accounting projects and initiatives as assigned.
· Additional duties as developed by reporting Manager