Under the direction of the Sr. HS&E Manager, the HS&E Coordinator will provide Health, Safety, Environmental support to the company and personnel by administering Health, Safety, and Environmental programs and objectives. Coordinate safety programs and monitor safety and health regulations to ensure compliance with Federal and State safety and health regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, update, and implement written safety and health programs and policies in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Identify, develop, coordinate and conduct safety training and programs in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Maintain required OSHA documentation and records.
- Coordinate incident investigations including coordination of incident reporting procedure.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving any food packaging safety problems identified and reported by any other employees and also responsible for notifying plant management of same.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees follow company GMP, sanitation, pre-requisite programs chemical control and food safety plans and policies.
- Participate in new product/process reviews including process hazard analysis, operator training, etc.
- Support engineering department in implementing engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational hazards.
- Promote safety and health awareness by utilizing internal and external resources.
- Perform and coordinate monthly audits to ensure practices and records are in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Administer training relative to various safety programs.
- Participate in safety audits of other locations as directed.
- Assist departments with their respective safety committees, as directed
- Maintain and update SDS (safety data sheets) using “MSDS” online system.
- Coordinate industrial hygiene sampling as directed.
- Coordinate environmental training and compliance.
- Attend corporate safety conference annually.
- Maintain and update safety training tools (i.e. software, regulatory requirements).
- Maintain environmental permitting as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In the incumbent’s absence these responsibilities will be transferred to the SR. HS&E Manager or designee.
- Must be trained in and follow company policies on GMP, sanitation, pre-requisite programs, chemical control, and food safety plans/policies.
- Seek OSHA 501 certification – General Industry Outreach Trainer.
- Seek Food Defense Coordinator certification
- Experience in OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) administration.
- Must be competent to carry out food packaging safety and quality responsibilities.
- Skilled in administration of employee training.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal and Organization Skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Strong Decision-Making Skills
- Excellent Computer skills e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Hours of work are as necessary to accomplish the position’s responsibilities, which could include evenings and weekends.
3-5 years supervisory/coordinator experience in relevant Health/Safety/Environmental role within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Degree in Health-Safety-Environment, or related field, or combination of relevant work experience combined with certain educational degree and/or credits.