Apply for the Industrial System Software Engineer position
Are you an Industrial Systems Software Engineer who wants to join a rapidly growing manufacturer of integrated product handling solutions for manufacturers all over the globe in a variety of industries including automotive and electronics, paper conversion, pharmaceuticals, food, and health and beauty. If you can answer “yes” should consider this opportunity.
As Industrial Systems Software Engineer, reporting to the Program Manager, you will be part of a team responsible for designing, testing, documenting, installing, and supporting software used in automation control and human machine interfacing (HMI) of automated industrial machinery.
Overall Responsibilities for the Industrial Systems Software Engineer include:
- Design, develop, and maintain new customer facing software visualization tools (HMI/MES) to assist your customers in making decisions with real-time data analysis.
- Extend that software platform to include standardized structured PLC code and templates for the enterprise.
- Lead the deployment to the Controls and Field service departments, maintaining as needed, adding functionality as needed and leading continuous improvement efforts through the lifecycle of the program.
Your background should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering. An AS degree will be considered
- Packaging machinery control software design experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in software application programming utilizing languages such as, but not limited to, Visual Basic, C#, or VB.NET platform
- Self-motivated team player with high level of interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in Allen Bradley PLC, Rockwell HMI, as well as other control system platforms.
- Familiarity with all levels of industrial control system architecture (sensors and actuators, PLCs, SCADA, MES, ERP).
- Microsoft SQL Server database design experience.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Experience with AutoCAD and 3D Solid Modeling.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize projects using software project management principles
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (as needed) to customer locations
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- Very comprehensive medical/dental package
- Benefits begin day one of employment
- Life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Retirement savings program and company match
- Wellness program
- Relocation assistance
- Company that is expanding by adding 50,000 square feet to its plant to meet amazing growth