Apply for the Inventory Manager position
As the Inventory Manager for our Client, you will be at the helm of a dynamic and critical role that is essential to the success of their operations. You will lead a team of dedicated yard personnel across multiple locations and take charge of all inventory-related policies and practices to ensure that our physical inventory is always organized, accurate, and of the highest integrity.
This Inventory Manager will be the go-to expert for everything inventory-related, having had experience with manufacturing, fabrication, construction and possibly even retail environments. In this role, you will work closely with all branches and departments to evaluate costs, analyze data, and identify inefficiencies. Your keen insights and understanding of the big picture will allow you to develop and standardize best practices across branches and make strategic decisions that will drive the company forward.
Safety is of the utmost importance at and as an Inventory Manager, you will be expected to lead by example, strictly following safety policies and rules, promptly correcting or reporting safety hazards or unsafe conditions, and regularly suggesting safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
Your responsibilities as Inventory Manager will include developing and improving processes that increase accuracy and minimize inventory shrinkage, utilizing the company's main ERP system to manage inventory in multiple sites and companies through accurate recording of deliveries, shipments, transfers, and production entries. You will evaluate purchasing and receiving information for accuracy and to improve inventory control processes & procedures, and maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Work with Director – IT & Inventory Management and Director of Finance to create and provide reports on the organization’s inventory status on a monthly basis
- Maintaining company-wide records of purchasing, receiving, transfers, and production entries to facilitate accurate tracking and reporting of all inventories in the enterprise resource planning system (ERP).
- Evaluate inefficiencies and propose strategies to reduce costs, improve inventory control, and improve inventory levels and logistics
- Investigate misidentified, out-of-balance inventory and determine cause for discrepancies
- Evaluate purchasing and receiving information for accuracy and to improve inventory control procedures and maintain optimal inventory levels
- Minimize inventory and carrying cost, replenishing inventory according to construction/production schedules and customer orders
- Record and track timely reduction of obsolete inventory to be recorded on a monthly basis
- Develop, improve, train, and standardize processes that develop and improve accuracy and minimize inventory shrinkage
- Identify and propose process improvement initiatives to company leadership to continuously improve the inventory management processes company-wide
- Manage and coordinate activities of employees engaged in inventory control; directly supervise Fargo yard personnel Maintain a full understanding and knowledge of fencing and traffic control materials
Required Skills & Qualifications:
You’ll be responsible for managing $10 million or more in inventory in addition to management of multiple locations and companies and have experience with construction and manufacturing ERP systems. Experience with Vista will be a plus. With your hands-on approach, strategic mindset, and ability to lead a team, you’ll be an invaluable asset to our rapidly growing Client. With your ten or more years of directly related inventory management experience, you will be the go-to expert for managing warehouse and yard personnel.
- Organizational abilities to track multiple deadlines and reporting requirements
- Ability to suggest and implement process improvements
- Self-motivation and desire to continually improve
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and have good public relations skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
$95k – $110k base & bonus with an excellent benefits package and relocation.
Must live near or be willing to relocate to Fargo ND, a great place to live and work! The area boasts a low cost of living, excellent schools, and a strong economy. The city is also home to a plethora of amenities and a friendly community. The cold weather is worth it for the beautiful scenery and outdoor activities in the nearby Red River Valley, but what’s more, is that Fargo also offers mild summers, with comfortable temperatures and plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors.
Don’t miss this incredible Inventory Manager opportunity – apply now!