We are recruiting an IT Network Engineer for a good client of ours. The IT Network Engineer has responsibility for the stability and reliability for all Information Technology systems network communications and related infrastructure. This individual is responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
Principal Accountabilities: (The job’s essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Ensure Network Security.
• Ensure Network Stability, including LAN, WAN, and Internet Access.
• Install and maintain Firewall, Routers, Switches, Voice over IP phone systems, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Primary responsibility for backup of all LAN/WAN/Communication device configurations
and stored off site as necessary.
• Primary responsibility for daily network communications system monitoring, reviewing logs and verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware resources, systems, and key processes.
• Perform ongoing performance monitoring and resource optimization as required.
• Provide status updates to IT Manager, Infrastructure & Tech Delivery.
• In collaboration with the Systems Administrator, Manage/Administer Cloud based resources as required.
• Provide level three/other support per request. Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
• Provide level one support as needed.
• Provide after-hours IT support. (on a team rotation schedule).
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
• Responsibilities sometimes require working outside of normal business hours, sometimes with little advanced notice.
• Maintain and Promote Company Values and Behaviors at all times.
Legal Reporting Responsibilities:
• During the normal function of this position, if the IT associate discovers pornographic content on a company technology device, the associate must
document the pertinent information and notify the IT Manager, Infrastructure & Tech Delivery. (Pertinent information: file type, file date, time, location of content)
Education and/or Relative Experience: (The level of education and/or experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)
• Associate’s degree from a college/university or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
• Required Areas of Experience
o Cisco Firewall, VPN Gateway
o Cisco Firepower Management Center
o Cisco Secure/Secure Endpoint/Umbrella/ISE
o Cisco Network Switch and WiFi Administration
o Windows 10 Active Directory/Network Integration
• Preferred Areas of Experience
o Voice over IP Telephony
o Microsoft Server 2019 (or newer) Administration
o VM Ware Virtual Server Administration
o Amazon Web Services, Azure/M365
o Linux (Oracle Enterprise Linux) Administration
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (The licenses, certificates or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.)
• Cisco Certification (Preferred, not required, Must be willing to define a plan and work towards achieving the certification)
• Comp TIA Security+ (Preferred, not required, Must be willing to define a plan and work towards achieving the certification)
• This position requires work related travel domestically. The person in this position must maintain a valid driver’s license.