LAUNCH MANAGER / Automotive Supplier in the Birmingham Al area
About the company
- Leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries.
- Company has been in business for more than 100 years
- Supplier to the big names in Automotive manufacturing
- Pride in best product and customer service
- Stable, profitable company
What they provide their employees
- Excellent compensation and benefits package including bonus eligibility, extremely cost affordable medical / dental / vision plans, life insurance, 401k, short term disability
- 401k with match
- Health Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement Programs – choice of HSA or FSA
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- 14 company paid holidays
The Role you will play:
Responsible for leadership and management of all New Model Launch (NML) projects/changes, Lifecycle Product and Process Engineering Changes, and activities for the plant. Leadership of a cross-functional team to ensure engineering, quality, and supply chain validation targets have been met for each change. Responsible for the factory readiness and successful tactical implementation of the program into production. Reports direct to the Plant Manager.
- Drive and lead various “cross functional” Program Launch and Manufacturing Readiness forums, providing clear updates on status and recovery plans at both working and executive level.
- Single point of contact to Program Management – leading and confirming all actionable site-driven responsibilities of the site cross-functional team associated with the New Model Launch Gate Checklist (APQP Process)
- Organization and follow-up of open points/actions required to secure a non-event introduction of the program (i.e., status reporting, weekly, monthly, along with the issue resolution status tracking).
- Ensure conveyed and well-communicated actionable items
- Interact, integrate, and drive results across cross functional teams
- Oversee the complete manufacturing validation for programs by Quality and Process Engineering, driving supply chain readiness and handover from launch planning to production planning; organize and oversee transitions, and follow-up on excess/obsolescence planning and post-program/service activities
- Oversee the finalization and validation of BOM for the program and all factory systems (i.e., SAP, etc.) interacting with Plant Supply Chain Manager / Purchasing
- Production analysis for costing of all parts
- Manage on-time delivery for all sample orders
- Coordinate design review
- Cost Management for RFA’s
- Develops Engineers and Specialists through coaching and continued training activities
- Establishes departmental vision and communicates goals/objectives to New Model team
- Improve KTA activity
What the ideal candidate needs:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 7 years of experience in relevant discipline required (Experience in Engineering/Supply Chain
- History of working in Automotive Manufacturing – specifically a tier one / OEM supplier
- Understanding of how complex production lines operate (i.e., industrial workings between facilities/department, line balance, OEE, error proofing, etc.); well versed in understanding of production line layout, flow, and modeling
- Strong understanding of:
- Job shop, batch, and flow production
- Cycle time/ Bottle neck identification and methods of resolving
- Workstation organization and setup/Lean manufacturing principles
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Designing of single flow lines to build multiple products
- Strong interpersonal skills dealing with all levels of the organization and the ability to effectively communicate to senior/executive level leadership
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Proficient in GD&T
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook, CAD software, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and project Management Skills
- Ability to think creatively and to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management groups
Local candidates preferred – but will consider relocation for exceptional candidates