The Lean Leader will focus on growth and process improvement projects.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives targeted, sustainable improvement by leveraging consulting skills and change management processes.
- Works closely with leadership to implement continuous improvement in targeted areas.
- Assists in the development of improvement roadmaps (i.e., how to use tools and processes to drive sustainable improvement results).
- Supports focused deployment of Lean tools across the organization to assure excellence n operational execution.
- Ensures successful kaizen events by installing and ensuring commitment to the kaizen process which includes 1) planning of kaizen with a dynamic funnel process, 2) kaizen execution, and 3) sustainment of kaizen.
- Responsible for team and cross-functional communications (written and oral).
- Elevates critical business decisions to the appropriate management teams and/or functional managers.
Relationship / People Management
- Promotes and facilitates diagnosis of workflow impediments throughout the business and provides expert counsel on appropriate tools to eliminate them.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners for benchmarking performance and knowledge building of industry best practices to guide decisions for implementation of projects.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with functional leaders to drive success of projects and teams.
- Promotes and facilitates kaizen leadership.
- Influences cross-functional collaboration.
- Process Improvement knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables.
- Actively reviews policy and practice improvements to drive performance excellence.
- Influences cross-functional systems effectiveness.
- Financial acumen – budget, forecast, and strategic plans.
- Continuous improvement of the product development process to optimize time to market.
- Lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports.
- Provide leadership through influence in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Focuses on Voice of Customer, Voice of Business, personal accountability, and an unyielding commitment to results.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g., federal/country and regulatory requirements).
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- BS Engineering Degree or related. Advanced degree (MS, MBA) is desirable.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in leading process improvement projects in manufacturing environment.
- 3-5+ years of lean, six sigma, continuous improvement experience; daily management, strategy deployment, and problem solving in manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Lean, including Kaizen (continuous improvement design and facilitation).
- Demonstrated proficiency applying Lean principles in a variety of situations.
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable in front of all levels of the organization, as well as external customers.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Experience using process improvement tools.
- Capable of working independently under ambiguous and/or changing conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a high-impact position, with deadline and resource constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects, including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down in the organization.