Our client is currently seeking a full-time Legal Assistant for the downtown Cincinnati office. The Legal Assistant should have experience working in litigation and will coordinate legal activities for attorneys by performing a variety of legal duties such as scheduling hearings, preparing legal documents and correspondence including tables of content and tables of authority, e-filing, docketing cases and maintaining court dockets and diaries, and providing information and direction to others.
Job Duties Include:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and coordinating case preparation.
- Assists attorney by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements;
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information when requested; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices under attorney direction; tracking payments as requested;
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, set reasonable priorities and manage time and deadline driven workload.
A high school diploma with at least 5-7 years’ experience working within a litigation practice group is required. Position requires strong customer service skills with the ability to speak to people at all levels and across offices. The position requires strong written and verbal skills, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Our client offers an outstanding benefit package with includes: medical/dental, 401(k) with employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability plans, and a generous paid time off policy. The firm currently works on a hybrid schedule.