Logistics Manager – Manufacturing and Distribution Facility Winnsboro, SC
Award winning Consumer Electronics Assembly and Distribution company that has thrived during the recent pandemic
Expected continued growth and additional product lines
Major contracts with major retailers
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Management role with this rapidly growing company’s South Carolina operations. – this company has received national attention for bringing industry back to the US and has rapidly surpassed ambitious production goals. Product line is expanding, and additional operations are in the works.
- SALARY AND BONUS COMBO
- Core Benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- 10 paid holidays
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Responsible for monitoring shipments to ensure effective communication and on-time deliver to our key retail customers. Additionally, this position will coordinate with transportation companies and warehouse facilities to prioritize the movement of products throughout the supply chain.
- Responsible for selection of carriers for transportation including negotiation of rates and contracts.
- Lead the make/buy process, long-term capacity and resource planning; project phase-in/phase-out, manufacturing ramp-up, end-of-life management, and product-line management.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes of mixes, or carriers.
- Freight management of both inbound and outbound shipments.
- Tracking quality, quantity, stock levels, deliver times, transport costs, and efficiency.
- Developing strategies to streamline processes and/or reduce costs
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Plan inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements
- Analyze lead times and identify critical path procurements
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports, or customer issues
- Monitor product import processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements
BACKGROUND PROFILE – Skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in a high visible / volume logistics career
- Associates Degree or higher
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication, and PC Skills (including ERP Systems) – Advanced Microsoft Office skills including strong knowledge and use of Excel
- Knowledge of supply chain / logistics in a consumer products manufacturing and/or distribution strongly preferred
- Previous customer service, sales, experience related to supply chain
- Able to build effective relationships across functional areas
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize