Our client needs a dynamic, career-oriented leader to be the Manager of their Machine Shop. You would be one of 5 key managers reporting to the Director of Operations. You will have 6 Machining Supervisors directly reporting and over 70 to 80 indirect reports. This is an excellent company, that is an essential critical infrastructure manufacturer for heavy industry, defense, aerospace, and energy generation.
Sorry, no visa sponsorship is available.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the machining business plan to support the Division’s diverse and constantly changing job-shop manufacturing activity.
- Lead, mentor, coach and otherwise more fully develop your team.
- Be on the shop floor and involved with your team (No interest in desk jockeys).
- Drive performance to increase productivity, decrease costs and at the end of the week leave the department in better shape than when the week started.
- A strong sense of business acumen; taking ownership of the department.
What they are looking for:
- BS, preferably in an engineering related discipline and at least some machining experience.
- 7+ years of being a leader of leaders, with a demonstrable track record of success and career advancement.
- Absolute commitment to safety and quality are essential to our client’s culture.
- Experience taking actions that impact the bottom line, including budgeting, planning, driving performance, cost cutting and continuous improvement projects.
- Experience developing and overseeing capital equipment plans is helpful.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Health, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Educational benefits
- 401(k) Match 3% for 6% put in
- Profit sharing
- Employee assistance program