Are you a Maintenance Manager who has experience working in a manufacturing environment? Are you a Maintenance Manager who wants to play a key role in the continued growth of our client company?
Our client serves distributors and OEMs by devising custom-engineered driveline solutions with a focus on the following industries: agriculture, construction, specialty vehicles, aerial platform, material handling, forestry, mining, oil, marine, military, airport support, and automotive/truck end markets.
As Maintenance & Facilities Manager you will have 6 direct reports in a 3 shift manufacturing operation. You will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, leadership, control, integration, and completion of maintenance projects within the area of assigned responsibility.
- Plan and formulate maintenance programs and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assign project personnel to specific phases or aspects of the project.
- Be responsible for plant-wide Environmental and OSHA Compliance Programs.
- Have co-leadership responsibility in Company’s Safety Programs.
- Be responsible for the Maintenance Department's budget.
- Provide monthly Maintenance Report Outs to Staff on Preventative Maintenance Programs, the status of work order completion, equipment downtime, and performance to budgetary plan monthly and year-to-date.
- Manage assigned Capital Projects and other major equipment/facility projects to forecast spending and timelines.
- Maintain and maximize equipment up-time.
- Manage cost-effective and accurate equipment spare parts inventory.
- Manage the Company’s Wastewater Treatment Process.
- Maintain operating compliance of all local, state, and federal operating permits for air, water, etc.
- Develop and write equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposal for integrating machinery and equipment such as robots, robot controllers, and programmable controllers into manufacturing process.
- Oversee installation to ensure machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Confer with plant staff to implement operating procedures and resolve system malfunctions.
- Develop models of alternate processing methods to test feasibility of new applications of system components, and recommends implementation of improved procedures.
- Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Develop and conduct equipment training programs and demonstrates skills to trainees.
- Be responsible for the utilization and maintenance of the Maintenance Software Program.
- Champion Company’s Maintenance Apprenticeship Program including fulfillment of internal and external classroom curriculums and internal experiential skills development.
- Investigate all accidents or incidents on-premises.
- Continuously work in a safe manner and watch for safety hazards.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred but open to an Associate's degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years of related experience
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Machining and processing experience with CNC machines, robotic cells, and assembly systems a plus
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic concepts
- Knowledge of SPC, blueprint reading and TOPS
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public