Are you a Maintenance Manager who has experience working in a manufacturing environment? Are you a Maintenance Manager who wants to play a key role in the continued growth of our client company?
Our client serves distributors and OEMs by devising custom engineered driveline solutions with a focus on the following industries: agriculture, construction, specialty vehicles, aerial platform, material handling, forestry, mining, oil, marine, military, airport support, and automotive/truck end markets.
As Maintenance & Facilities Manager you will have 6 direct reports in a 3 shift manufacturing operation. You will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, leadership, control, integration, and completion of maintenance projects within area of assigned responsibility.
In this role you will:
- Plan and formulate maintenance program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assign project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project.
- Be responsible for plant-wide Environmental and OSHA Compliance Programs.
- Have co-leadership responsibility in Company’s Safety Programs.
- Be responsible the Maintenance Department’s budget.
- Provide monthly Maintenance Report Outs to Staff on Preventative Maintenance Programs, status of work order completion, equipment downtime and performance to budgetary plan monthly and year-to-date.
- Manage assigned Capital Projects and other major equipment/facility projects to forecast spending and timelines.
- Maintain and maximize equipment up-time.
- Manage cost-effective and accurate equipment spare parts inventory.
- Manage the Company’s Wastewater Treatment Process.
- Maintain operating compliance of all local, state and federal operating permits for air, water, etc.
- Develop and write equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposal for integrating machinery and equipment such as robots, robot controllers, and programmable controllers into manufacturing process.
- Oversee installation to ensure machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Confer with plant staff to implement operating procedures and resolve system malfunctions.
- Develop models of alternate processing methods to test feasibility of new applications of system components, and recommends implementation of improved procedures.
- Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Develop and conduct equipment training programs and demonstrates skills to trainees.
- Be responsible for the utilization and maintenance of Maintenance Software Program.
- Champion Company’s Maintenance Apprenticeship Program including fulfillment of internal and external class room curriculums and internal experiential skills development.
- Investigate all accidents or incidents on premises.
- Continuously work in a safe manner and watch for safety hazards.
Your background should include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but open to an Associate’s degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years of related experience
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Machining and processing experience with CNC machines, robotic cells, and assembly systems a plus
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic concepts
- Knowledge of SPC, blueprint reading and TOPS
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Client is seeking local/commutable candidates as there is no relocation assistance offered.