Experienced Maintenance Manager needed to join a manufacturing facility. This is a dynamic role that will lead the plant maintenance department to ensure an efficient, high-quality, and cost-effective operating facility by extending equipment life expectancy, and control parts inventory and costs through scheduled preventive maintenance. Strong leadership skills along with experience in machine shop environments and electronics PLC controls are needed.
The Maintenance Manager will manage a team of 4 and coordinate activities engaged in the repair, maintenance, and installation of high-quality and sophisticated machines, tools, and equipment. The Maintenance Manager will manage and direct preventive maintenance making sure the equipment is ready when needed by coordinating downtime with production. Focus will be on the hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical components of the equipment. Expertise with electronic equipment and PLCs (programmable logic controllers) is a must.
This is an excellent opportunity with an outstanding organization that offers great benefits. The location is in Ray County, MO, part of the Kansas City metropolitan area.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, repair, modify, and perform preventive maintenance on all hydraulic systems, electrical units, controls, components, and related wiring with adherence to all safety regulations.
- Perform work requiring extensive knowledge of electrical schematics, including electronic theory and principles.
- Recognize and react to process problems in a timely matter to minimize non-conformances.
- Maintain inventory of critical parts and motors, advising management of purchasing requirements.
- Ability to repair and troubleshoot 3 phase 480v.
- Ability to repair and troubleshoot process controls – PLC and instrumentation controls.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, drawings, equipment manuals, and part lists.
- Knowledge to maintain and troubleshoot process/plant equipment in an injection molding and/or compression molding facility.
- Ability to diagnose and complete repairs in emergencies.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone under high-pressure situations.
- Flexible to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of relevant maintenance management experience
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience with a focus on the repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of punch presses, saw, shears, brake presses, and other related equipment
- Certification for electronics / PLC