Meet a decades established food manufacturer with nearly 4000 employees throughout the USA provides food products the world over.
Supervise and coordinate technicians engaged in installing, testing, repairing, and adjusting equipment. Ensure equipment is running efficiently to enable production goals are met and all work order are effectively completed. Manage mechanics with the objective of orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and disciplining.
- Schedule and direct maintenance employees in performing daily work.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance strategies and activities.
- Monitor and report completion in a CMMS system.
- Use lean tools to recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and increase efficiency of production area.
- Develop and maintain a training for employees within department, and to plant personnel.
- Maintain Conformance with OSHA standards, NFPA, DOLI, Company policies, and other Federal and State regulations.
- Appraise employee performance and recommend wage advancement based on skill level.
- Maintain departmental conformance with Company policies and procedures, issue corrective action per policy.
- Act as an advocate of safety within the facility and follows all safety procedures. Work with safety team to develop and maintain all safety programs. Lead maintenance team safety programs.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with all Food Safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, GMPs, and FSMA.
- Bachelors or Associates degree with equivalent experience. Minimum 2 years of experience as a front-line supervisor or five years-experience in plant and equipment maintenance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy and experience with electrical systems, ammonia refrigeration, high pressure boilers, pneumatics, blueprints, and packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of GMPs, sanitation and union environment is helpful.
- Must be able to communicate accurately and clearly with both oral and written materials.
- Technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and maintenance.