Manager Engineering and Maintenance / Birmingham Al area
Our client us looking for a Manager of Engineering and Maintenance
About the company
- A leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries.
- Company has been in business for more than 100 years
- Supplier to the big names in Automotive manufacturing
- Pride in best product and customer service
- Stable, profitable company
What they provide their employees
- Excellent compensation and benefits package including bonus eligibility, extremely cost affordable medical / dental / vision plans, life insurance, 401k, short term disability
- 401k with match
- Health Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement Programs – choice of HSA or FSA
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- 14 company paid holidays
The Role you will play:
Provide leadership for all Engineering and Maintenance related plant activities including process, support, capital improvement, process improvements and new-model development. Oversee the design, planning, maintenance of equipment, machinery, and buildings while ensuring safety, environmental, and KPI requirements are met. Monitors and works to reduce consumption and cost of plant utilities. Direct reports: 7 to 10 associates. Reports to the Plant Manager.
- Manages plant capital budgets and oversees all capital projects
- Develops long term improvements/capital plan while initiating and carrying out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Develops Engineers and Maintenance staff through coaching and training activities
- Leads and/or participates in problem solving activities regarding quality, mechanical, and process improvement.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment to mitigate risk
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving problems.
- Communicates regularly with maintenance and engineering team- assuring good two-way communication concerning engineering and maintenance issues
- Assists with hiring of engineering and maintenance personnel
- Conducts employee performance reviews
- Maintains and updates operation and training manuals for the maintenance of and engineering department
- Monitor operation of plant equipment and systems
- Tracks, analyzes, and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Ensures compliance to city, county, state, and federal regulations
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program
- Communicates directly with production operations to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas
- Coordinate resources to provide process support and maintenance support
What the ideal candidate needs:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years’ experience in maintenance and an engineering function
- 7 years leadership experience
- Trade certifications preferred (Lean Certificates, Robotics, Electrical Controls, Welding, Hydraulics, Procurement, etc.)
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and program PLC’s
- Competent in the use of and maintenance of robots
- Experience performing maintenance and managing maintenance professionals that work on hydraulic plastic injection molding presses
- Must lead/support 5S activities for all MRO and component areas
- Must have experience setting up, managing, and sustaining preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, equipment manuals, and work orders
- Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Continuous improvement
- Knowledge of safety procedures and monitor staff for safety
- Ability to halt or suspend operations based on safety or quality concerns.